- Remotely hosted on WebsiteGear servers, real-time
statistics, password protected account, web-based
user interface. Update the link URL without changing
any code on your website. Reset tracking data.
- Unlimited number of links to track per account.
Total vs. Unique Clicks
- Track both total and unique clicks for each link. Unique click is the number
of unique users that click on a link in a 24 hr period. For example, if a user
clicks 10 times on the link in a 24 hour period, the unique click is 1, but
total number of clicks is 10. WebsiteGear records the user's IP address to determine
if the user had clicked this link before.
Custom Unique Click Tracking
- Ability to set unique click tracking settings in order to compensate for returning
users with different IP addresses. Custom tracking is implemented by
cookies with customized duration for tracking returning users.
- Click tracker captures the user's actual IP, not the proxy server IP, for
accurate unique click data.
If the user's IP is one of the RFC 1918 IPs, the proxy server
IP is captured.
Country & Flag
- Based on the IP address, the statistics
will show the country of origin of the click. A small flag of the
country allows selective analysis of clicks based on desired countries.
- Click Tracker will capture the referring URL. This data reveals
the source of the click. The referring URL page can be viewed
by clicking on the link in the statistics page.
- Link template can be used to create links quickly. The template saves
the settings for new links created by bulk load as well as via the API
Set Custom Time-zone
- Set the custom time-zone for recording the click time. This will provide
accurate time for your calculations.
- Provides easy to compare charts for each link's performance analysis.
- Track the conversions (sign-up, sale or lead) leading from the click.
A small piece of code, when added to the after-conversion pages of your website,
loads a small invisible image unnoticed by
the user. Only one tracking code is needed for each type of conversion
for tracking all the links in your account.
Set Custom Conversion Data
- For each type of conversion (sign-up, sale or lead), set custom parameters
dynamically to track each conversion. For example, add the user's login ID
to the sign-up conversion code. View this data in the conversion statistics.
This will map a user to the click.
- Set cost per click (CPC) value and choose whether the cost calculation
should be based on unique or total clicks.
- For sale type conversion, set the amount of sale dynamically on the conversion
tracking code. This will record the sale amount in WebsiteGear statistics. Based
on this data, ROI calculations will be summarized on the statistics pages.
Compare the daily and average ROI data without requiring a calculator.
Conversion Tracking Period
- Set the duration for which the conversion will be tracked after the
click originates. For example, if a promotion lasts for 7 days after the user
visits the website, it is useful to track the conversions for the next 7 days
only to evaluate the effect of the promotion.
Bulk Link Loading
- Multiple links can be created easily by loading in bulk using the bulk loading feature.
After the links are loaded, the results display the new link IDs and the WebsiteGear code
for each link. The result can be exported as CSV or MS Excel file to be processed externally.
- Application Programming Interface (API) enables the automation of tasks, such as creating new links.
Using the API service, requests can be launched remotely from another system. The API is not restricted
to any specific programming language and can be used in any language that has support for sending data
via HTTP GET or POST calls.